Recruiting in progress
Machine technician & mechanical design
Presentation of Plastic Odyssey Expedition
What if we invented a future without plastic in the Ocean?
Plastic Odyssey Expedition is a young company based in Marseille. Made up of an ultra-motivated team and a network of volunteers involved all over the world, Plastic Odyssey imagines solutions to tackle plastic pollution in the Ocean. Our project? A 3-year round-the-world expedition of the most plastic- polluted coastlines, to promote alternatives and share recycling solutions accessible to all.
Context of the internship
To help us pursue this adventure, we are looking for a machine technician with notions in mechanics and mechanical design for an internship or a work-study program. You will participate in the improvement of Plastic Odyssey’s machines, capable of transforming plastic waste into recycled objects, and will be missioned to make the project known to as many people as possible.
In order to develop recycling machines, we are currently looking for an operator capable of carrying out tests on the machines and able to model and plan various mechanical elements. Your missions :
- Realisation of 3D models and drawings
- Handling of recycling machines
- Carrying out tests and managing machine parameters
- Optimisation and improvement of recycling processes
- Assistance in preparing the expedition’s stopovers
- Technician / professional licence / 2 or 3 years of higher education, mainly in mechanics
- Motivated and dynamic person
- Interest for the environment
- Knowledge of mechanical design elements
- Developed skills in CAD software and drawings
- Ability to think and adapt, resourcefulness
The position offered
Paid internship with an agreement, lasting 4 to 6 months / one-year work-study program. Starting as early as possible from September 2020. Based in Marseille.
We are looking for a 360° Communication Officer to join our 3-year expedition around the world on a laboratory vessel....
Discover a new step of the shipyard every day in this article. Join us behind the scenes to witness the transformation of the M/V Plastic Odyssey....
We are looking to complete the incredible current crew: 1 Chief Engineer, 2 Able Seamen, 1 Chief Mate 500 UMS, 1 Chief Mate 3000 UMS, 1 Deck Officer a...